Saturday 26 September 2009

Barrichello admits 2010 plans uncertain

Rubens Barrichello has admitted that his future plans in Formula 1 are totally open, amid mounting speculation that he will be replaced by Nico Rosberg at Brawn GP for 2010.

The Brazilian, who is battling for the world championship with his team-mate Jenson Button, has had no guarantees from his outfit about next year - and Rosberg is believed to be closing in on a deal to partner Button.

Speaking about his future, Barrichello said the situation was quite fluid – as he conceded there was a chance he would not be remaining with his current outfit in 2010.

"I wish to stay in F1," said Barrichello. "If it is with my current team or with another team, I do not know. My future is quite open; I hope that some time soon we can say something.

"I am just happy that there were no rumours about it right now – and I can quietly keep myself working."

Barrichello is currently 14 points behind Button in the championship standings, and is hoping that this weekend marks the end of the title challenge of the Brawn pair's nearest opponent Sebastian Vettel.

When asked if he felt this weekend was Vettel's last chance, Barrichello said: "He is a phenomenal guy and I hope he is going to have his chance in the future, but I do hope it is his last chance here, honestly."

No comments:

Post a Comment